Vision, Mission & Mandate
- To be a global R&D institute having confidence of industries and visibility to society in mechanical engineering sciences and technologies.
- To research and develop cost effective and value added technologies in mechanical engineering and allied domains.
- Contribute significantly to national skill development initiatives for sustainable empowerment.
- Carrying out research and development in relevant areas of national priority as evolved by bodies concerned with the overall planning for science and technology in the country.
- Undertaking R&D sponsored by public/ private sector industries in consonance with national priorities.
- Undertaking R&D directed towards continuous improvement of indigenous technology.
- Undertaking R&D for evolving new technologies relevant to the country’s social, economic and industrial needs in keeping with national objective of self-reliance.
- Undertaking R&D on appropriate and alternate technologies, with emphasis on the use of local resources.
- Ensuring continuous flow of finance and resources through extension of R&D services for fostering basic research at the institutional level.
- Undertaking activities focused towards fast translation of laboratory level technologies to commercial entities through proper nurturing and marketing.
- Undertaking on a routine basis efforts for identification of R&D requirements of industries for rapid intervention through the extension of R&D services.
Last updated : 3 Mar, 2017